Will Power

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Nani Aims For Full Fitness

After completing another valuable 90 minutes in Thursday's defeat to Ajax, Nani has vowed to regain his match sharpness as quickly as possible.

The Portuguese winger missed almost a month of action after limping out of January's win at Arsenal. Despite an off-colour outing against the Dutch champions, Nani is itching to make a telling contribution at a key stage of the season.

"It's a bit difficult to get consistency for 90 minutes, but I'm getting there and I will work hard to come back," he told MUTV. "We need every player. Now I'm not at my best but in the next games I will work hard to be at my best as quick as possible."

Nani was similarly frank when assessing United's Europa League reverse, even though aggregate progress to the last 16 overshadowed a lacklustre display.

"It was a bad result," he admitted. "I think we played better in the first half, second half we gave them an opportunity in the last 10 minutes to believe they could score goals, and we made one or two mistakes and that caused the goal.

"I think in general we controlled the game most of the time, but if you don't score it doesn't matter what you did in the past. The most important thing is to score. Ajax did well. They played good football. They showed good confidence to believe they could score goals."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home