Will Power

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Rooney Answers Fans

Wayne Rooney responded to supporters in the latest United Review…

You recently bought a horse – what have you called it and is there going to be any racing rivalry between you and Michael Owen? LooneyRed
I've named it Switcharooney. I’m keeping it at Michael’s stables under a great trainer and it will probably start running around May time. Hopefully it does well.
What is the main thing you think about just before taking a penalty? Zakacham2
You just try to stay calm. I always know where I’m going to put the ball – I make my mind up the day before the game. I watch videos of the goalkeeper, have a chat with our goalkeeping coach and then decide. When you’re stood there you just try to avoid eye contact with the goalkeeper and wait for the referee’s whistle.

What’s been your best goal this season? Elspeth
I’d probably say my header against City in the Cup. It was a great cross from Antonio [Valencia] and, although I could see Nani coming towards the ball at the same time, my sole focus was on winning the header – and thankfully it went in.

Aside from football, which Olympic event would you like to do? James Hobson
[Pauses] I’d have to say boxing. I’ve always been a big fan and would enjoy taking part.

What is the best moment of football career so far? Connor Hughes
Winning my first league title. It was a great feeling and, by far, my proudest in football.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home