Will Power

Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Pogba Soaks Up Experience

Paul Pogba feels he is improving all the time at United as he learns from the experienced stars at Carrington.

The Frenchman was outstanding in the Reserves' 2-1 win against Bolton on Monday night in his first run-out since an impressive cameo as a substitute in the Barclays Premier League defeat of Stoke.

After an inviting free-kick allowed Reece Brown to grab the opener, the midfielder hit the bar with a ferocious drive and then headed the winner with six minutes remaining.

"It was very hard," he told MUTV at Moss Lane. "Seriously. We were winning 1-0 but they came back and we really wanted win the game. We wanted more and we won it and I think we deserved it.

"Because I hadn't scored since the Norwich game, I think, I wanted to score so badly today. So I scored and I'm really happy.

"In training, I've been practising all the time - passing and going in the box - and it paid off. I'll just carry on and hopefully score more goals."

Pogba celebrated with his brother Mathias, who plays for Wrexham, after getting the winner. "My brother always comes to my games," he added. "When I score, I go and see him and thank him for watching my games and am just happy."

In terms of pushing for more first-team inclusion, the 18-year-old was quick to stress he is soaking up the experience of sitting on the bench and watching his team-mates closely. After being an unused substitute in the victory against Liverpool, he was pleased to revel in the atmosphere.

"It's very good," he enthused. "Just to train with the talented players, top-class players, and improve and get more experience.

"When I'm on the bench, I just watch and want to play with them and get involved. Like against Liverpool, it was a great chance for me to be on the bench.

"I hope I will come on and do my best and show everyone what I can do."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home