Will Power

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Vidic On Course For July Return

Nemanja Vidic has revealed he is on course for a summer return during an exclusive webchat with ManUtd.com.

Answering fans' questions at Carrington, the United skipper discussed a wide variety of topics but also delivered a positive bulletin on his fitness following a knee operation in December. Vidic suffered cruciate knee ligament damage against Basel and will not be rushed back before the end of the season.

"It's going well," he told ManUtd.com about his recovery. "Obviously the projection was I would be ready for the next season. I am on schedule and will hopefully start training again in July."

When asked about how he is preparing for his comeback, the defender replied: "Through working in the gym mainly. Much of the stuff I'm doing in the gym I don't look forward to, but it benefits me.

"I have to say I'm doing more work now, while I'm injured, than I do when I'm playing. Because of that, I spend more time here at Carrington. But also because I'm not playing, there is less travelling so I can spend some more time with my family. That's a good point for me, because we have a third child now so there is a lot to do at home."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home