Will Power

Friday, June 15, 2012

Park Welcomes Kagawa Move

Ji-sung Park is backing Shinji Kagawa to follow in his footsteps and become a successful Asian import at Old Trafford.

Park knows what it’s like to carry a nation's expectations in Europe, having become United’s first Korean player when he arrived from PSV in 2005.

Similarly, Kagawa will be the Reds’ maiden Japanese signing and he, too, is making the switch from another European club in Borussia Dortmund.

"I know United have agreed a deal for Kagawa and I'm happy because we’re signing a good player," Park told ManUtd.kr at an event hosted by his JS Foundation.

"Manchester United is a huge club and every season we sign new, world-class names. I hope Kagawa shows how good he is next season and I think he will do."

Kagawa and fellow new-boy Nick Powell will swell the Reds’ midfield ranks next term, but Park is ready to fight for his place.

"There is a lot of competition in the squad but it doesn’t matter who I’m competing with," he said. "We're a team and I just want to concentrate on producing better performances.

"We're starting our pre-season tour next month and those matches will help me to prepare for the new season. As always, when I begin a new season I am determined to improve."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home