Will Power

Saturday, July 21, 2012

Amos Excited By Loan Chance At Hull

Ben Amos admits he is looking forward to getting some first-team football at Hull City when he flies home from Manchester United's DHL pre-season tour.

The 22 year-old goalkeeper has already spent some time getting to know the Tigers squad, having joined them on a trip to Portugal. In an exclusive interview with ManUtd.com at a UNICEF project in South Africa, Amos spoke about the prospect of playing for Steve Bruce's Championship side next term.

"Obviously, I had a little taster when I went to Hull's training camp in Portugal," said Amos. "While training was hard, I really felt like I fitted in with all the staff and all the players so I'm really excited to be hopefully getting quite a lot of games under my belt this season.

"I feel like it's exactly what I need to push on to the next level."

Signing a new three-year contract with United in May suggests Amos has a promising future at Old Trafford as he looks to push on and compete with David De Gea and Anders Lindegaard.

"It showed the club's intentions as well as mine," he explained. "You know, if the club had said they didn't see a future for me, if the manager said he didn't see a future for me, I wouldn't have signed it obviously. He's still got belief in me and I still believe I can do it so it's exciting times."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home