Will Power

Friday, July 20, 2012

Veseli Eyes Improvement

Frederic Veseli is pleased to get an appearance for the first team under his belt, even though he admits he is still learning how to adapt to playing right-back.

The Swiss youngster, signed in January from Manchester City, made his name in the centre of defence but has been used in other positions in the Reserves since joining United. Nonetheless, injury limited his involvement last term so it was a huge step up to be starting against AmaZulu in front of around 50,000 fans in Durban.

"It feels good," Veseli told MUTV afterwards. "It's a big crowd and I was playing with the first team so I'm really happy.

"I've always been playing centre-half but, of course, I must be able to play in different positions. It's an unusual position for me [right-back] but I've played there before. There are still some points I need to improve, of course, and get better.

"It's different on the right, like getting forward, and I need to improve on a lot of stuff but it's always good experience to play.

"The fans cheered us on more than they did the home team and that's always good to see. It's a good experience as there is a lot I can learn from playing and training with the first team. I can get used to how it works and how to get prepared for games. I'm looking forward to the next game."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home