Will Power

Friday, July 20, 2012

Lingard's Debut Delight


Jesse Lingard was thrilled to make his debut in United's 1-0 win against AmaZulu.

The youngster turned in an extremely promising performance alongside Michael Carrick and Paul Scholes in midfield that suggests he could feel at home in the first team.

"It was an excellent experience," he told MUTV afterwards, clearly still bubbling with enthusiasm. "Training and playing with them [the first team] is a great, new experience for me and hopefully I can carry it on. It's all come so quickly, you know, and I've developed better than everyone assumed I would and kicked on from there.

"It's been great. It just tops it off making my debut for Manchester United. There's nothing better really.

"I had to treat it like a normal game and ignore the fans and the stadium. I had to concentrate on what I do best. It's better having your mates with you to guide you on - I've been playing with them for years so it's really good."

The presence of Carrick and Scholes also went a long way to help him settle quickly into the groove.

"They've been in the game a long time and for those two to speak to you the way they do, you get tips like that and it's a good learning curve for me," the Warrington-born midfielder added. "I'll take that into my game.

"Hopefully, this season the boss will keep me with the first team in training and take me to games and gives me good experience."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home