Will Power

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Bolt Backs United


The fastest man in the world is tipping United to outrun all-comers in the race for the 2012/13 Barclays Premier League title.

Usain Bolt, admittedly a big fan of the Reds - not to mention a would-be player, was at Old Trafford to see Saturday's thrilling 3-2 win over Fulham. And after showing off his three gold medals from London 2012 to the crowd, he backed the Reds to win silverware at the end of the new campaign.

Bolt told MUTV: "It's always a pleasure to come here and watch a football game, this is my third time.

"I know it's going to be a wonderful game because United always play very well at home. Old Trafford is a little bit smaller than the Olympic Stadium in London but it's louder, I think, because of the way it's built. It's a great atmosphere.

"It was great to see Kagawa and van Persie's first goals for the club. I shook their hands before the match and said 'welcome' to them so I guess I'm a good luck charm!

"We can go all the way and win the league this season, without a doubt. When we start poorly, it's always a sign that we're going to do great things at the end. It's good, we're going to win this year."

When asked if the Reds could use Usain's speed on the wing, the Jamaican smiled and replied: "I've been saying that all year! So next season, I'm going to talk to Sir Alex and we're going to work it out. I'm serious!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home