Will Power

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Chicha Up For Chelsea


Javier 'Chicharito' Hernandez is setting his sights on Sunday's trip to Stamford Bridge after scoring twice against SC Braga at Old Trafford on Tuesday night.

The Mexican made a match-winning intervention after Braga moved into a surprise two-goal lead - and it was a similar story away to Chelsea last season, although on that occasion the opposition went 3-0 up and Hernandez had to be content with an equaliser rather than a victory-sealing goal.

"We knew the importance of this game, but the start was bad for us to be honest, conceding two goals at home. But happily we scored three and now we can look forward to the next game which is another very important one against Chelsea," Hernandez told ITV Sport.

While Sir Alex admitted the Mexican had forced him to think about his striking options, Chicharito himself denied having a point to prove in a campaign when Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie have been hogging the headlines.

"No, [I have] nothing [to prove]," he said. "I always say I enjoy it a lot here. I have been ready since the start of the season and when the gaffer gives me my chance, I have to do my best. If I score it's good. But if I don't score the most important thing is the team."

The team started off with a narrow diamond formation and then evolved to have greater width in the second period. Both of Chicharito's goals came from good examples of wide play, culminating in crosses from Shinji Kagawa and Tom Cleverley, but he wouldn't be drawn on which system suits him best.

"Which is the best formation is a question for the gaffer. As a player I need to do my best on the pitch. It doesn't matter which position I'm in or which formation he plays. As players we need to follow the things that the gaffer says to us," said the Mexican striker.

Chicharito could consider himself unfortunate not to have claimed a hat-trick, after a first-half goal was chalked off for offside. But again he refused to dwell on what would have been an even bigger piece of personal glory. "The most important thing is the three points, not who the heroes are," he concluded.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home