Will Power

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Anderson: I Need To Play



Manchester United midfielder Anderson is hoping to put his injury worries behind him as he eyes a starting berth against Real Madrid.

The midfielder made only his 12th start of the season in United's 2-1 FA Cup triumph over Reading but may be in line to face Madrid after Phil Jones suffered an ankle against the Royals.

The Brazilian said: "When I take two steps forward I seem to take three back.

"It is sad but I have to do my job. I need to play games and not to have any injuries.

"I have had some problems. But when I don't have these problems I know my

quality," he said. "I know I can play."

United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has already ruled Jones out of Saturday's trip to QPR and the England international may also struggle to make the Champions League clash with Jose Mourinho's men on March 5.

Anderson, who has suffered a series of niggling injuries in recent years, hopes to keep himself in Ferguson's plans, although he accepts it is not easy when he misses so many games.

"It is difficult," he said.

"Some players haven't played for two or three weeks and it is hard.

"But this is Manchester United. All the players want to play, me and others."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home