Will Power

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Fit-again Nani Raring To Go

Nani is raring to go after scoring both goals in the friendly victory at Crewe Alexandra on Monday night.

The Portugal international is fit again after a close-season operation and looked sharp for Warren Joyce's side, netting with a free-kick and a fine solo effort. Although the talented wide man feels he is still a week away from reaching peak fitness, he is expecting to be at his best in time to impress David Moyes on his return from the tour.

"It's always nice to get back to work and start training with all the team-mates," Nani told MUTV. "Of course, all my team-mates have been in Asia but I have been training with a couple of them and it's nice to feel the grass, feel the atmosphere again and start to prepare for the new season.

"I'd played two [behind-closed-doors] friendly games already and am preparing well in myself. I hope, when the season starts, I will be at my best to help the team. I think there's still a lot of work [to do] but, in one more week, then I will be at my best."

When asked about his ambitions for the upcoming campaign, the winger stated: "I hope to win the league again and, for my personal wishes, I want to be at my best and score a lot of goals. Like I said, I just need to be at my best and then everything will come together."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home