Will Power

Friday, October 25, 2013

Bosnich: Fergie Memory Wrong

Mark Bosnich wants the chance to set the record straight with Sir Alex Ferguson after being labelled a "terrible professional" in the former Manchester United manager's new autobiography.

In launching the book, the Scot also claimed the goalkeeper turned up overweight and three hours late for his first training session.

But Bosnich, now a pundit in his homeland of Australia, says the attack is just part of a ploy to increase sales and hopes the pair's paths cross at the Melbourne Cup next month.

He said: "That would be fantastic. He is entitled to his opinion as I am to mine. The bottom line is he wants to sell books.

"I am the only player he signed twice at Manchester United and I will have my right of reply at the appropriate time.

"I would not have had the career I did if he did not have faith in me originally."

Bosnich, who also played for Aston Villa, Chelsea and his national team during a 20-year career, retired four years ago.

He was one of several players on the sharp end of Ferguson's comments in the autobiography, which is due out on Thursday, including Wayne Rooney, Roy Keane and David Beckham.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home