Will Power

Friday, October 25, 2013

Moyes Sings Fans' Praise

Old Trafford’s new singing section got a big thumbs-up from David Moyes following the 1-0 win over Real Sociedad.

The first trial of the 1,400-seat area in the south-east quadrant of the stadium, formerly L Stand, is part of a move designed to boost noise levels and replicate the vocal away support United always enjoy while on home turf.

It helped boost the Reds and successfully countered the noisy backing the visitors had from their 6,000 fans housed nearby, and the boss was full of praise for the difference the singing made to the team.

“I actually thought the singing section was very good,” he declared to MUTV. “They were heard and they were noisy. I mentioned it in my programme notes that I saw that Glasgow Celtic had set one up and I think it’s been really good. I think it is important, if you're an old-fashioned supporter, you come and you want to sing. You want to join in and sometimes you need people to start it. So thanks to the supporters and thanks for the support they've shown me as well.

“Some of the stadiums you go to in Europe are incredibly intimidating and that’s the way we want Old Trafford to be for visitors coming here. Away from home, I’ve felt that our supporters have been constantly vocal and I do understand that, here at home, you are sometimes waiting for the team to lift the crowd, but sometimes the team needs the crowd as well.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home