Will Power

Friday, October 25, 2013

Rooney: No Contact With Sir Alex

Wayne Rooney has revealed that he has not spoken to Sir Alex Ferguson since his former manager's retirement.

The England international, who had looked set to leave Old Trafford this summer after Ferguson claimed he had handed in a transfer request, insisted he had no desire to rake over the past.

Ferguson, now a director at Old Trafford, talked about his relationship with Rooney, and his concerns over his fitness, in his new book.

Asked if he would respond to Ferguson's comments, Rooney told Sky Sports: "No, I'm happy playing football. That's the past, I'm looking to the future.

"He's come back and corrected the story that I put a transfer request in...he's gone back and proven that I didn't.

"He's obviously got his own opinion. I haven't seen him since he retired. I'm happy under the new manager.

"The new coach that has come in has given me a new lease of life, I'm really enjoy working under David Moyes.

"We are working to be successful as a team. We have a lot of players who are hungry. Results haven't been what we want, but we're working to put that right."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home