Will Power

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Anderson Ready To Battle

Brazilian midfielder Anderson insists he is ready to fight for his future at Manchester United.

The 25-year-old has started twice under David Moyes this season, but appears to be way down the pecking order at Old Trafford.

He has been linked with a January move, with Fulham linked with a potential loan, but the former Porto star appears ready to scrap for his place.

"I have played only two games this season and I tried to do my very best for the team. But it is very hard when you only play a small part now and then," he told the Manchester Evening News.

"But I am not unhappy. I am enjoying it and I know I will be ready whenever the manager picks me.

"I haven't spoken to David Moyes about my situation because I think I have a good situation at the moment. I love this club and I have been here for over six years.

"I am only 25 years old and I have about seven years football left in me. So I have time on my side and I am happy at Old Trafford.

"I had a lot of injuries last season. I have come back now to help United. I came back in pre-season and felt good and I have been fit now all season.

"I just have to wait for the moment and when it comes for me then I have to take that opportunity."

Fulham's interest emerged as former United number two Rene Meulensteen was appointed at Craven Cottage, but Anderson added: "I cannot say anything about other clubs showing an interest.

"I am at Manchester United and am a Manchester United player. I have to do my job here and work hard every day to make it work because that's what I want.

"I am not thinking about moving on. All I am thinking about is helping my team, my team-mates and doing the best for myself. I am a Manchester United player, I love the fans, I love the club. I love the way everyone supports the club - it is amazing. It is the best club in the world.

"It is good with the new manager. I have no problems with David Moyes. He's new and it is completely different. We have to help him to be successful.

"Every single player wants to play every game. I am the same as all the rest. I am only 25 years old but I cannot stay one more year and not play. I need to play. But you cannot demand to play, you have to be patient and when you get your chance you have to do well.

"The club have always been nice to me but if I have to go eventually then I have to go. But I will work to do my best for United."

Anderson still feels he has plenty to offer at United.

"I have won four Premier League titles, the Champions League, the FIFA Club World Cup, two League Cups... everything," he said.

"The only thing that has been frustrating at times for me is that I have had some big injuries. I had one year that was very, very bad.

"I was just 24 when I had that bad year. So that was difficult. But I came back strong and am fit again. I am happy with that.

"I feel fit now and I just need the games. I believe that if I had games and a good run of them then I could show again the player I was in my first and second seasons at Manchester United. That was the real Anderson.

"When I had injuries I put on weight. When I don't play because of injury it is difficult.

"Now I have lost the weight and everybody is looking at me and saying that I look good. I do feel good as well.

"I knew my weight wasn't right but it was purely down to the injuries. When you have six months out, it is hard with the weight. But I lost it all in pre-season and now I am back to the playing weight I like. It is all down now to getting the games."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home