Will Power

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Solskjaer: United Challengers

Ole Gunnar Solskjaer believes only Chelsea can stop Manchester United winning their 21st league title this season.

The Old Trafford legend - who scored 91 goals in 235 appearances during nine stellar years under Sir Alex Ferguson - reckons that David Moyes can galvanise a title push from his new charges, despite a testing first three months.

Solskjaer, who won the Norwegian league in his first two seasons as Molde manager and is preparing for a Cup final this weekend, also admits he would love to manage in the Premier League.

"I said it when I came back here that I just want to see if I can manage and if I enjoy it," he told Sky Sports News. "If I do and there's offers coming then I'd like to see myself in the Premier League one day."

"David's started slowly then the machinery has started to work now so I'm pleased with the progress they've made. Everyone's talking about a bad, bad start but if you look at the other championship contenders they're not very far ahead.

"Man United and Chelsea, those two for me are the main contenders. Of course Man United can win it, absolutely no problem. They've got the players to do it, they've got the history to do it, now when David is getting to know the players, I'm sure we'll improve. I'm still saying 'we'!

"After almost 15 years you still feel a part."

On Sir Alex Ferguson's recent book, he added: "I met him last week and he gave it to me, I haven't started reading it yet. I've read in the media that he said some nice things about me which is nice."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home