Will Power

Sunday, February 23, 2014

Wayne: It's A Great Opportunity

Wayne Rooney spoke exclusively to MUTV about signing his new deal…

Congratulations on your new contract, what made you renew?
There was a lot of speculation in the summer but I was pleased when David Moyes came in to the club. I’ve got a great relationship with him and he’s shown a lot of trust and faith in me. Talks have been ongoing for a long time. I’m delighted to be signed up now.

How much are you looking forward to being one of the more senior players?
I’m not that old yet! [Laughs] I’m getting there but I still feel young. Of course, it’s a great responsibility to try to help the younger players. I want to try to get better in myself and try to help the younger players make us successful.

How much are you relishing the chance to break Sir Bobby Charlton’s goalscoring record?
It’s great to have the opportunity to try to break those kinds of records. I’m not too far away even though I’ve still got a few goals to go, but I’m confident I can reach it. Hopefully it will happen and if it does it will be a really proud moment.

How important were the fans in your decision?
The fans have been brilliant. I’ve said since day one that they have been brilliant. In particular during the first game of the season at Swansea, when all the speculation was going on, they were outstanding and really showed how much they are behind me and behind the team.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home