Will Power

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Mourinho Rules Himself Out Of Manchester United Job

Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho has ruled out the possibility of him succeeding David Moyes as the next manager of Manchester United.

The Portuguese coach was reportedly in the running to take over at Old Trafford last summer following the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson.

However, United instead opted to follow the recommendation of the outgoing manager by appointing Moyes, who this week lost his job following a dismal 10 months in charge.

Mourinho, though, says he remains committed to his current club, who are still in the hunt for both the Premier League and UEFA Champions League crowns this season.

When asked if the Chelsea fans had cause for concern, he responded: "Of course not.

"I don't know how anyone could think about it. I left Real Madrid specifically to come to Chelsea and I signed a four-year contract.

"I told Chelsea they never have to worry about me because I don't want to leave. So I will stay here as long as the club want me to stay.

"There isn't any job that would move me from Chelsea."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home