Will Power

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Kagawa Working Hard On Fitness


Before United's clash with Inter Milan, we spoke to Shinji Kagawa about his experience so far on tour...
How are things going so far?

Good, thanks. I think I have been training with focus every day. Pre-season is important to develop my physical strength. I learn a lot from training as we have a new manager with new tactics and a new formation. I am working to get myself into shape. It is good that I have been doing so without picking up any injuries.

What's your impression of the States?
Some people say football is not very popular in the US but there are so many United fans here. It is nice to receive such warm support from them. It's a great environment to train in and we've had no rain. We can concentrate on training because of the great weather here.

So you can really feel the support of fans here?
Yes, we have had huge spectator numbers at the stadia. I think the fact we can play at grounds filled with fans shows that United is a big, historic club.

You visited the Colorado Rockies stadium in Denver. Did you enjoy the experience?
It was the first time I'd visited an MLB stadium. Their dressing room is huge. The atmosphere of the stadium was fantastic, too. I felt the tradition of baseball.

Saturday's match against Real Madrid will be held at a stadium with a capacity of 110,000...
Yes, wow. It'll be my first time playing at a venue that holds more than 100,000 fans. I want to enjoy it as there won't be many chances to play at such a huge stadium.

Credit: Manutd.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home