Will Power

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Di Maria Proud To Join Reds

Angel Di Maria expressed his delight at joining Manchester United and says the lack of Champions League football this season had no impact on his decision.

The Argentinian star was unveiled at a press conference at Old Trafford on Thursday, following his club-record move from reigning European champions Real Madrid.

"I am very pleased to play for United," he said. "I like the team and I wanted to come here even though they are not playing in the Champions League.

"I think I can help and work with the team well. I am very pleased with the manager for choosing me to come here.

"United have already won many trophies and are a very big team. I come to help the team raise their game and also be an important team once again. I want to win many trophies."

Di Maria has played in several positions across the midfield for Real and Argentina and was asked what his preferred position is.

"It depends on the manager – where he wants to put me and where he wants me to play," he said. "I have come here to work for the team and I am prepared to play in any position."

On his British record transfer fee, the 26-year-old added: "It does not bother me. The fact that [around] £60million has been paid for me is something for the club chairmen to discuss and negotiate. I have to work for the club and do my best for Manchester United."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home