Will Power

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Mata's Top Five United Players

Juan Mata has the tough task of picking his five all-time favourite United players...

I could speak about at least 20 players because in this club's history there have always been top players. But if you will only allow me to select five, here goes...

Ryan Giggs Obviously. He has played more games than anyone else for the club. He has been very important to this club as a player and assistant manager. His beautiful left foot will always be remembered.

Paul Scholes He was one of the first midfielders I ever saw. He was with us last season, I was training with him and I was really impressed by his touch. His shooting and assists for his team-mates... he was an unbelievable player.

Cristiano Ronaldo When he was here he was very important for the club and the club was very important for him. He scored a lot of goals and has to be in my top five.

Ruud van Nistelrooy When I was younger I used to remember him scoring lots of goals and celebrating in front of the crowd at Old Trafford. He was a very good player and one of the best strikers I've ever seen.

Rio Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic Rio and Vida were two of the best central defenders in the Premier League; very strong and they complimented each other very well. They were key players in winning trophies.

Ok, so he cheated slightly by picking a duo. But we'll let him off... gracias, Juan.

Credit: manutd.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home