Will Power

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

De Gea's Favourite Moments

David De Gea has enjoyed numerous memorable moments in his Manchester United career so far and he recently discussed some of them with Inside United.

The Reds' no.1 reflected on the day he signed, his first trophy and his best save for the club to date, among other things. Click the image above to view 10 photos and read David's full captions below...

Signing day
"This was a great day. I couldn’t believe the size of the club when I came here and saw the training ground. The manager was great and said a lot of nice things to me."

Celebrating the Community Shield
"This was my first trophy. I remember we were losing then we scored three goals and we won. We all said ‘this is Manchester United.’ It was unbelievable."

Keeping Real at bay
"It was special for me to play against Madrid in Spain and it felt like a significant night for me with my performance. We played very well and I felt great after the game."

Fun with Angel
"He is a great guy. He is so quick and trains very well. We have a great atmosphere in the dressing room and it's nice to have some of the Spanish-speaking guys here."

Title triumph
"It was unbelievable to lift the trophy. I'll always remember everything about that day."

Penalty save from RvP
"Robin and I have talked about this! It was an incredible day – we won 8-2, I saved the penalty and played well. The fans were unbelievable. I'd never played in a game like it before."

Star man
"It had been a great season for me and it felt really good to get the Player of the Year award from the fans. They have always supported me – I felt their love from the first day."

Sunderland save
"I remember the cross came in and Giaccherini had the header. It was an instant reaction. [ManUtd.com: Schmeichel said it was one of the best saves he’d ever seen…] [Laughs] He has made better saves than me!"

Denying Juan
"This save really helped me at the time. I think this is my best for United so far. It was even better because it was against Juan!" [Laughs]

Heroics against Everton
"This was one of my best games for United and there was a lot of focus on me afterwards, but the thing that pleased me most was being able to make some important saves to help the team win the match."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home