Will Power

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Van Gaal: January Arrivals Are Unlikely


Louis van Gaal has reiterated Ed Woodward’s assertion that it is unlikely Manchester United will make any signings during the January transfer window.

Woodward, the Reds’ executive vice-chairman, revealed earlier this week that the club have targets for next summer but insisted it is a "low probability" those players will be available in January, adding: "We are not looking for short-term fixes."

Van Gaal subsequently stated: "Ed did not say we should not buy; he said it's difficult in January to buy players who are of good enough quality for Manchester United. So because of that, we are not buying.

"And I agree with that, because if you buy a player, he has to be better than what you already have in your squad. It is very difficult to find such a player.

"I believe that is what he wanted to say and, believe me, we are speaking the same language."

Asked directly by journalists whether he is interested in signing Roma midfielder Kevin Strootman, van Gaal said: "I cannot discuss players with the media.

"I’m sorry, I cannot answer this question. And not only Strootman but all the players in this world. I cannot discuss it with you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home