Will Power

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Lambert Plans Tom Cleverley Talks

Paul Lambert is to hold talks with Tom Cleverley with the Aston Villa boss hinting that he is keen to make his loanee a permanent signing – either in January or next summer.

Lambert has praised the Manchester United player’s conduct and enthusiasm since the 25-year-old moved to Villa Park in the summer.

Cleverley is on a season-long loan, which means Lambert has time on his side when it comes to weighing up his options.

The Scot said: "I have the option to buy in January but I have got him for a season-long loan anyway.

“I would definitely try but a lot will depend on finances. I will have a discussion with Tom and sit with him and see what he thinks. He is still a Manchester United player.

"But the great thing about Tom Cleverley is he has been brilliant here. His enthusiasm for the game and the way he plays the game is great.

"The way he is around the place is great. I am pretty sure he loves his football here. He has been a credit to himself and Manchester United with the way he has conducted himself.

"I think he has played really, really well, and he has many years ahead of him. Knowing Tom Cleverley as I do in a short space of time he won't want to sit on the bench (at United)."

Credit: Skysports.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home