Will Power

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

RvP Out To Improve Goal Tally

Manchester United striker Robin van Persie admits he is unhappy with his goal output this season but he is determined to go all the way in the FA Cup.

The Netherlands captain has scored eight times for the Reds, enough to be the club's joint-leading marksman alongside Wayne Rooney, but is disappointed with this figure and will feel he could have bagged a late winner at Cambridge United in the fourth round on Friday night when firing narrowly off target.

Van Persie, speaking to reporters at the launch of a new official partner in Swissquote, said of his current tally: "This year, I have played something like 20 games and I have scored eight goals. I am not happy with that. I want to score more.

"I will do everything, every day in training and during the games; I will keep doing what I have been doing for the last 10 years to make those goals. It makes so many people happy, including me."

United face a replay with Cambridge a week on Tuesday and are second favourites with the bookmakers to lift the trophy after Saturday's ties provided a number of upsets.

"After the Cambridge game, everyone was a little bit down," van Persie admitted. "But they played well so you have to give them credit because it's quite a stunt what they did.

"But in a way, on Saturday, the whole mood changed. Manchester City were out. Chelsea were out and, suddenly, we are in it with a home replay against Cambridge.

"And of the so-called big clubs, with how it is now, it is just us, Arsenal, Liverpool and West Ham, but we are the highest left in the competition. I think it has been 11 years since United won it last but I think we have a big chance this year.

"We want to win it. But again, we have to look at the first game only, because that is the next game against Cambridge."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home