Will Power

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Van Gaal Unmoved By Criticism

Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal says he is not worried by Paul Scholes' criticism of his team's style of football.

United legend Scholes claimed he was not impressed by the brand of football being played under the Dutchman this season, criticising the current crop for not taking enough risks, nor playing in the "traditional United way".

Speaking at a news conference ahead of United's FA Cup trip to Preston on Monday, van Gaal refused to get drawn into a row with the former Old Trafford midfielder.

He said: "I don't worry about that, it is not so interesting. I think because Paul Scholes is one of our friends I hope, he may criticise, friends can criticise us, that is not the problem.

"I am used to that and all the players are used to that because they are not for the first time professional football players.

"Maybe some players it affects, but normally it does not affect the players and me neither."

Meanwhile, van Gaal revealed that Michael Carrick has suffered a minor setback in his comeback from a calf injury while Phil Jones, Daley Blind and Robin van Persie will be assessed prior to the Preston match.

He said: "We have to wait and see. I don't think it's a heavy injury for Jones. With Blind, I say what the doctor has said – we'll wait and see. I think he shall play on Monday, that's my expectation, but you never know.

"Robin van Persie also has something, so now I have given the players a day off. Only the injured players have visited our centre, but the doctor has not called me yet so I cannot say anything."

On Carrick, who has not played for United since their FA Cup tie at Cambridge on January 23, van Gaal added: "He has a setback and that's not unusual with injuries, so we will also have to wait and see."

Credit: Skysports.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home