Will Power

Monday, April 27, 2015

De Gea Named In PFA Team Of The Year

Manchester United goalkeeper David De Gea has been named in the PFA Barclays Premier League Team of the Year for the 2014/15 season, capping his excellent form this campaign.

The Spaniard has been tremendous all season and has not missed a single minute of top-flight action, registering 33 appearances and keeping 10 clean sheets for the Reds.

Joining De Gea in the PFA Team of the Year is Branislav Ivanovic, Gary Cahill, John Terry and Ryan Bertrand in defence. Alexis Sanchez, Nemanja Matic, Philippe Coutinho and Eden Hazard in midfield, with Harry Kane and Diego Costa up front.

David has also been nominated for the PFA's Players’ Player of the Year and Young Player of the Year awards, which is an incredible feat for a goalkeeper. He was previously named in the 2013 Team of the Year after helping United win the title.

MUTV recently spoke to De Gea about his remarkable form and he was understandably pleased: “It’s true that last season was good for me from a personal point of view, but I think that things are going even better for me this time around,” he explained.

“I think I’m competing better, performing well and I think my decision-making is a lot better this season. I’m happy and I’m trying to keep going in the same way and keep improving.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home