Will Power

Saturday, April 25, 2015

Van Gaal Pleased Evans Is Back From Suspension

Jonny Evans is available to face Everton on Sunday after serving his six-match suspension for spitting and Louis van Gaal is delighted to have the experienced Manchester United defender back in his squad.

During his weekly interview with MUTV at the Aon Training Complex, the boss explained why it has been frustrating to be without Evans for so long and, amusingly, even revealed how the Northern Irishman’s team-mates reacted to him going on holiday during his ban.

Asked to comment on Evans' absence, van Gaal admitted: “That’s always frustrating but you cannot do anything about that. I have also said to my players that the decision to punish him was not according to my opinion because it was a natural spit and not a spit to a player. There is a difference between that.

“I have defended him and I still defend him, so I don’t punish him. I also gave him holiday and then the players are saying to me: ‘Oh, you’re better spitting on the pitch and then you get a holiday!' So now I am the wrong man for the players.”

Credit: manutd.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home