Will Power

Saturday, April 25, 2015

LVG Fires Warning To RVP

Manchester United boss Louis van Gaal has warned Robin van Persie he faces a fight to return to the first team despite recovering from injury.

Van Persie has not played since suffering an ankle injury in the 2-1 defeat to Swansea on February 21 and was named on the substitutes bench for the 1-0 reverse at Chelsea last weekend.

But speaking ahead of the Super Sunday trip to Everton, Van Gaal said the Netherlands international must prove both fitness and form with United's U21s before he will be considered for a starting spot.

"He has to train very hard, play in the second team," said van Gaal.

"He has to show his qualities again. Then I have to compare him with the positions he can play, with the players that play in that position - it is always the same."

Van Gaal refused to comment on United's interest in PSV Eindhoven winger Memphis Depay following the Dutch club's confirmation of an enquiry earlier in the week.

"I don't discuss it with the media," he insisted. "You know my answer. I have a lot of relationships with players. I cannot buy all the players I have coached already."

Sunday will be the first time in-form Marouane Fellaini has returned to Goodison Park since Everton sold him to United for £27.5million and Van Gaal hopes he will be given a good reception by the home fans.

"Marouane Fellaini has qualities and we want to let them dominate in a team and that's why his performances are better just now," he said.

"I have spoken with Fellaini because I know this (is his first game back there).

"Fellaini is always dry in his answers. He said, 'It's a game...'. (I said,) 'Yes, but it's a special game for you'.

"I hope the fans shall receive him like the Chelsea fans received Juan Mata because I like that very much. I hope it's like that."

Credit: Skysports.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home