Will Power

Saturday, May 23, 2015

Van Gaal Will Work On Transfers While On Holiday

Louis van Gaal admits he is looking forward to holidaying at his “paradise in Portugal”, although the Manchester United manager has assured fans he will be in constant contact with Ed Woodward regarding transfers.

United will face Hull City in the final match of the Barclays Premier League season on Sunday and it has been a particularly long campaign for van Gaal, whose reign as boss began just days after leading the Netherlands to a third place finish at the World Cup.

During his weekly interview with MUTV, the manager spoke about his plans to enjoy a well-earned rest. “Yes, immediately after the match we will have a farewell drink and after that we have a recovery day, and then we go off. All the players have to fly out to international duties but I will go on holidays and I’m willing to go to my paradise in Portugal.”

Asked if all transfer business will be left to Woodward during that time, van Gaal was quick to explain the process: “No, not to Ed because you also have a telephone and computer, so we are always in contact. As a manager, you never have holidays but I am in a better climate than here in Manchester. I am sorry to say that!”

During his weekly press conference at the Aon Training Complex, van Gaal also explained his belief that David De Gea will still be a United player next season, despite recent media reports linking him with a summer transfer back to his native Spain.

Asked by reporters if Victor Valdes could potentially be United's no.1 next season in the scenario of De Gea leaving, van Gaal said: “First we have to wait and see if De Gea is leaving and then we shall talk about the other things.

"I believe still that David De Gea shall stay. I want to play David in the match against Hull City because I want to play my strongest team and with De Gea it is my strongest team.”

Interestingly, the boss has also held talks with several United players who could potentially leave the club for pastures new in the summer, although he has respectfully declined to identify those who might move on to different clubs.

“You know that I shall talk with them - we will have a farewell drink after the match. I have the Monday to talk [as well]. I have spoken to some players this week. You have to wait and see how these talks develop in terms of players staying or going away.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home