Will Power

Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Pereira On Pride, Set Pieces & Pals

Andreas Pereira took part in a Q&A with fans on Facebook during Tour 2015, presented by Aon. Among the topics up for discussion were his best friend at United, his fastest teammate, Ashley Young’s DJ skills and the player he'd pick to take a decisive free-kick...

How does it feel to be a part of such a great club? Edgar Gonzalez
Honestly, I’m very proud to be a Manchester United player. I’m really happy I can play for such a big club. Every time I pull the shirt on it’s special for me. I realise every time I do it that I play for the biggest club in the world. Of course there is a bit of pressure as well because you know the fans out there want you to win and it’s up to you to make it happen. But that’s United and it’s normal.

Who's your best friend at United? Mohammed El Alami
I have to say I'm lucky – I have a lot of friends here at the club. Adnan is one and also Marouane. Memphis as well since he joined. Everybody gets on with each other – it’s a great squad to be part of.

What kind of music do you like to listen to in the dressing room? Julie Thomson
Thanks for the question, Julie. Ashley Young is the DJ so he is in charge. But in my headphones I like to listen to Brazilian music before a game. All kinds of Brazilian music.

Is Ashley Young a good DJ? Daniel Isaac
Ha – I have to be careful what I say! No, the truth is Ashley is good when he makes some effort. Sometimes he just puts the music on and lets it play. It’s hard to keep everyone happy, I suppose. But I guess the answer to your question is yes.

What’s your favourite moment in the United shirt so far? Ashley Chiniah Jr.
It happened in the last week! I would have to say it was when I scored the goal against San Jose Earthquakes. That was a great feeling and probably the best moment for me so far.

What are you trying to accomplish this season? Harun Dini
For me, I just want to keep doing well and I hope to impress the manager more and more. I want to get more games and be an important player for United.

How did you feel when you were told you’re going on the field to play against Barcelona? Ben Gould
It was great! You always look forward to playing against big teams like Barcelona and it was a good feeling to come on against them. I remember almost as soon as I got on the pitch I played the ball out wide and we scored straight away. I was impressed! I know it's only pre-season but the win was good for the team’s confidence.

Who is the fastest player in the squad? Prince Bolanle Ridwan
Everyone's talking about this right now! Chris Smalling thinks he's the fastest but I’m not sure about that. To be honest, I think Antonio Valencia might be the fastest. Maybe Chris over a short distance because he has long legs, but for me Antonio is definitely the fastest.

What's your next sport after football? Ahan Gabriel Terpine
I like to watch basketball a lot. And futsal… although I guess that’s quite a lot like football! It's very popular in Brazil.

What’s your first thought when you enter the pitch and the fans are cheering? Jakob Björkman
Hi Jakob! It's a very special moment when you walk onto the pitch. I just think of all the good things I’ve done and all the goals I’ve scored before. I also think about what the manager has asked me to do – any special instructions he’s given me. I just try to focus on that.

How do you feel after scoring your first goal in the first team? Sangay Tempa
Hi Sangay! I was very happy to score against San Jose Earthquakes. It was a very special moment for me. It was almost like a relief that I had finally scored my first goal. Hopefully there can be many more. It was even more special for me because I never score with my head!

What footballer did you look up to when you were a kid, and why? Matthew Rillie
Kaka. I always looked up to him. He was strong, fast, good technically and he always kept calm in every situation.

Imagine you're the manager of Manchester United... it’s stoppage time, your team is drawing the match and there’s a free-kick 25 yards out. Who will you assign to take the free-kick? Lari Bright
Great question, Lari! The answer has to be Andreas Pereira! That way I’d know for sure it’s a goal. Haha, I'm joking of course. If not me, I’d pick Wazza. He's fantastic at free kicks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home