Will Power

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Mata: Martial Is More Than Just A Goalscorer

Juan Mata insists Manchester United's £36m signing Anthony Martial is more than just a goalscorer.

Martial has netted four times in his first four games since his move from Monaco, including two in the 3-2 Super Sunday win at Southampton last week.

But Mata, speaking to Soccer AM's Tubes, says the Frenchman's all-round qualities should not be overlooked.

Mata said: "I knew [about him before]. I watched him a few times for Monaco, against Valencia and other teams.

"He is doing great. He's a very young player but has brought us a lot of goals already.

"But other things as well; his work rate, he can play the ball with team-mates so good, his movement is very good, he is quick, he can head. He's a very good guy."

Mata himself has played a pivotal role in Manchester United's successes so far this season, scoring twice and making two assists in six games to help Louis van Gaal's side up to second in the Premier league.

The 27-year-old, who signed from Chelsea in January 2014, says he is delighted with his current role in the side.

"We are playing better football and I'm really enjoying that. I'm feeling important, I'm scoring and assisting so I'm happy.

"[My preferred position] is just between the lines. Whether that is coming from the right side where I'm playing now, from the No 10 or even from the left side.

"I think that is where I can do best for the team, finding the gaps."

Credit: Skysports.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home