Will Power

Monday, September 28, 2015

Van Gaal Proud To Reach Top Spot

Louis van Gaal has revealed his pride after guiding Manchester United to top spot in the Premier League table.

United moved to the summit for the first time under the Dutchman following Saturday's 3-0 win over Sunderland at Old Trafford.

Memphis Depay, Wayne Rooney and Juan Mata found the net for United and Van Gaal shared his satisfaction with a member of the club's security staff.

am proud, of course," he said. "I said to the security guy: 'You are now a security guy of a club that top of the league' and that makes a huge difference. Also for him. He is proud and I am proud.

"Last week it was the first time I was second. He was smiling."

United travel to Arsenal on Sunday, live on Sky Sports, and after the international break they face tough tests against Everton and Manchester City.

But Van Gaal does not think October will define whether his team are genuine title challengers.

"I know exactly where I stand," he said. "We have a good team, but we can win and lose. You need luck but the balance of the team is better than last season.

"I don't have to wait until October. We shall improve every week, yes."

Memphis is one of six new faces in the United squad and Van Gaal believes his recruits have played their part in a promising start to the season.

"It's because of the players you select [buy]. The manager has influence but the players much more," said Van Gaal.

"They have to build up a structure in the dressing room and that's really important.

"They have to accept that structure. That is why I do that every season - every season I shall do that - because I think we need that new stimulus."

Credit: Skysports.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home