Will Power

Monday, October 26, 2015

Schneiderlin Hails Derby As Biggest Fixture

Morgan Schneiderlin has described Sunday’s Manchester derby against City as the “game of the season” as the Reds look to go above the Blues in the Barclays Premier League table.

The summer signing from Southampton scored his first competitive goal for the club in the last domestic outing at Everton and could have a key role to play against United’s neighbours.

Already aware of the magnitude of the fixture, the France international is convinced fatigue will not play a part following the midweek Champions League trip to Moscow as Louis van Gaal will ensure his side are mentally prepared for another huge test.

”It’s a derby,” Schneiderlin told MUTV. “We all can’t wait to play against them. It will be a massive game and of course it’s hard to go to Russia and come back. But the recovery is going well. We are prepared to play every three days. It’s going to be a mental thing. It’s the game of the season and we have to give our best. The mental side of things is the most important thing.

”I am very much looking forward to the game. I am aware that United and City are big rivals like United and Liverpool are. For me, it’s not new. I used to watch the games on TV and it will be an intense game and I can’t wait to play in this type of game. I just want to get on the pitch, give my best and help us win.

”I’ve sensed something about this game when I’ve taken a taxi or have gone to a restaurant. People have said to me: ‘You must win this game!’ It’s something very important for us. I like that. I didn’t play in many derbies when I lived down south because Southampton and Portsmouth were in different leagues, so for it will be new, but I like this kind of game between two clubs in the same city and I can’t wait to hopefully win this game.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home