Will Power

Friday, April 22, 2016

Ramos Considered United Bid

Sergio Ramos has revealed that he received a firm offer from Manchester United last summer, but says he wants to retire at Real Madrid.

Ramos' future was subject to heavy speculation last year and Manchester United were strongly linked with a move to bring him to Old Trafford.

In the end, the Spain defender remained at the Bernabeu and signed a new long-term deal.

Ramos has lifted the lid on the events of last summer and says United made a concrete bid for his services.

He told Spanish radio programme El Partido de las 12: "There was a firm offer, on paper. For a moment I thought about a change of scene, but Real Madrid was always my priority. I felt disappointed, but not due to economic problems like people said.

"I have not heard about (interest from Chelsea). Many things have always been said.

"Flattery from big clubs is always good as this is because you are doing well, but if the fans and my club want me."

The 30-year-old former Sevilla man also says he plans to retire at Real Madrid. He added: "While my fans and my club want me, my first thought is to retire here."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home