Will Power

Friday, May 27, 2016

Depay Delivers Strong Message

Manchester United winger Memphis Depay has reflected on his first season in England and provided a strong message regarding his desire to prove himself on the pitch.

The Netherlands international showed glimpses of the quality that convinced former manager Louis van Gaal to sign him from PSV Eindhoven last year and has stressed he will learn from the experiences gained in his maiden Barclays Premier League campaign.

"It’s not been a bad year but it’s not been a good year," he said in a video shared on his official Facebook page. "You know, it’s been right there in the middle. I had more expectations of myself and so did the fans as well and that’s normal.

"It’s been new for me this season, to play in the Premier League, so the experience I got this year is important. Also the things that I have to do sometimes as I made a mistake or I haven’t played good for a game and you get on the bench. It’s new for me as well.

"Last season, I was playing and scoring every game but this season it’s 50-50. I have played 50 per cent of the games in the season. I have some games on the bench for 90 minutes as well. That’s new and that’s hard of course, but you need to keep going and keep believing in yourself.

"You’re the first person who was believing in yourself, no matter what, so you have to keep your chest out and sometimes it’s really hard. But I’m still young, 22. I think that’s for everybody – never give up if you believe in something that you can achieve. I think you will make it if you put everything into it. That’s my motto – dream, believe, achieve. I don’t want to give up on anything."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home