Will Power

Saturday, May 28, 2016

Mourinho's Most Memorable Quotes


Jose Mourinho has proven to be one of the most quotable football managers of the 21st century – here we collect some of his thoughts on the game...

“I think the best place to work is England.”

“I feel I have a lot to learn from English football and I am completely open to good influences in my way of thinking football. But I also have things to give them.”

“I hate to talk about individuals. Players don’t win you trophies, teams win trophies, squads win trophies.”

“Football is a game about feelings and intelligence.”

“Because of the passion of every English player and every English supporter and every English journalist for the game, most of the game is played with passion, love for football and instinct, but in football you also have to think.”

“I would rather play with 10 men than wait for the player who is late for the bus.”

“I’m a coach, I’m not Harry Potter. He is magical but in reality, there is no magic. Magic is fiction and football is real.”

"If I wanted to have an easy job I would have stayed at Porto. Beautiful blue chair, the UEFA Champions League trophy, God, and after God, me.”

“I think everybody has to be ready to sacrifice for the team, to give everything for the team, to think about the team, not to be selfish.”

"Like me or not, I am the only one who has won the world’s three most important leagues. So, maybe instead of the ‘Special One’, people should start calling me the ‘Only One’."

And finally...

“Old Trafford is a phenomenal place to play football. I have played here with every one of my clubs – Porto, Inter Milan, Chelsea and Real Madrid. I have played here in the Premier League, Champions League and in the cups as well. I have been here so many times and in so many different circumstances and I always love it.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home