Will Power

Thursday, September 29, 2016

Mourinho Admits Sympathy For Allardyce Over Controversy

Jose Mourinho insists his relationship with Sam Allardyce will not change despite the controversy surrounding the former England manager.

Allardyce left his role with the national team on Tuesday evening after agreeing with the Football Association that comments he made to undercover Daily Telegraph reporters had left his position "untenable".

The 61-year-old said on Wednesday morning he was very upset having lasted just 67 days in a job he had craved for much of his career and speaking ahead of Manchester United's Europa League clash with FC Zorya Luhasnk, Mourinho admitted he had sympathy with the former West Ham boss.

"The only thing I can say is that I like Sam. I feel sorry for it because I know that was a dream job," he said.

"The second thing is that what happened is obviously not going to interfere in any way with my relationship with him.

"I liked him and I respected him before and that is not going to change. This is between him and the Football Association."

Credit: Skysports.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home