Will Power

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Ander's United Ambitions


Ander Herrera says he is "so happy" to have established himself as an important member and regular starter in the Manchester United team this season, but he insists he is always striving to improve and give more in every game he plays.

In a sit-down interview with Sunday's United Review, the Spanish midfielder spoke of his determination to build on his impressive displays so far, declaring "football has no memory so you have to perform every weekend and in every game."

Herrera's performances for United this term have also earned the 27-year-old a first international cap for Spain and while he admits it was a dream come true, he maintains that team ambitions for club and country will always come before personal goals.

"I am a team player. I never think as an individual, I just want to think about the team," he told United Review. "Of course I am getting the chance to play and I am so happy for that, but if one day I don’t play and the team wins I will be just as happy. I am a team player and I will think like that always.

"I am playing sometimes a little bit more defensive and sometimes also a bit further forward," he added, when asked about his position in the United team this season. "I think it’s good for me to be able to give some different options for the manager and the team. I am happy with my development but football has no memory so you have to perform every weekend and in every game."

Herrera was rested for Thursday's 4-0 win over Feyenoord, but is expected to return to the starting line-up against West Ham on Sunday afternoon as the Reds look to get back to winning ways at home in the Premier League.

"In football I think the most difficult thing is to create chances," insists Herrera. "To be in the third part of the pitch and getting good shots away and we are doing that. So the most difficult thing is what we are doing, but now we have to score the chances, that’s what football is about. So of course we have to finish better."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home