Will Power

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Jose's Verdict On Victory

Jose Mourinho admitted he was happy with both the performance and the result this time at Old Trafford after watching his Manchester United team seal an emphatic 4-0 win over Feyenoord in the Europa League.

Here are the main points from his post-match interview on MUTV:

OVERALL REFLECTIONS
"Yeah I’m happy, this was a performance and a result. I was saying before the match, performance without result is not good but gives you a future. A bad performance with a good result is a happy moment but it’s just a happy moment, not a happy future. And this time they played very well again with goals and it's important for us because we always said since day one we want to do well in the Europa League. We were in a position of needing four points and now we need just one."

ROONEY'S EUROPEAN RECORD
"I didn’t know that [about the record]. And more important than that is the three points that we need and the performance of the team but I think when you make history it's always beautiful, just beautiful details in your career and in this case for Wayne it's fantastic."

MKHITARYAN'S RETURN
"The reception [from the fans] he deserved because he played very well. Always improving, improving, improving, improving until the moment he was really tired and I felt it was the right moment to take him off and to let him come off with a very good performance. It was important for his confidence and he will try to keep adapting and trying to replicate this kind of quality performance in the Premier League which is a competition with different difficulties."

SPOILED FOR CHOICE
"The problem is [more] when you are in trouble to choose. Like when I had Phil Jones injured and Marcos Rojo injured, Smalling injured and Bailly injured, that was a big, big, big problem so [selection dilemmas] are good problems."

PLAYING WEST HAM TWICE IN FOUR DAYS
"Honestly I don’t like it, I never like it. It has happened to me many times in my career and it's something that I think is not good. But we have to just forget the second game and focus on the first one and go step by step."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home