Will Power

Monday, February 27, 2017

Ibra: I Am Hungry For More


Zlatan Ibrahimovic's late goal proved decisive as Manchester United won the EFL Cup at Wembley, and the striker has already set his sights on more silverware this season.

The Swede headed home with just three minutes remaining to seal a dramatic 3-2 win over Southampton, who had fought back from 2-0 down after first-half efforts from Ibrahimovic and Jesse Lingard.

Having already won the Community Shield back in August, United are still challenging in three competitions, and the man of the moment is targeting even more success.

Asked if he has always been a winner, Zlatan told MUTV: "It feels so. Wherever I went, I won and I'm happy for it because I had a long career, I had a fantastic career. Before coming to England I could have settled down and been happy with what I'd achieved. But that's me, I'm not satisfied, I want more and I'm still hungry, even at this age.

"This is my second trophy with the club [after the Community Shield] and I'm super happy. I came to win and I'm winning. Southampton played very well and we didn't play like we normally do. But that doesn't mean that they didn't do good because they played a good game. From losing 2-0 to come back to 2-2 is not easy also so they did a good game. Congratulations to them for the good game but the trophy is ours.

"It feels amazing because we won the game. Not an easy game, it was difficult, it was a good opponent but it's all about winning. No matter how good you are, or how bad you do it, if you win, you do what you need to do and that's the most important thing."

Ibrahimovic's double takes his tally to 26 goals in all competitions in 2016/17, and he's in no doubt that he made the right decision in joining United last summer.

"I got a call from Jose Mourinho - I have a good relationship with him and that's why I came," he added, in an interview with Sky Sports. "I know I made the right choice. I predicted what I would do. I came - that's special."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home