Will Power

Sunday, March 5, 2017

Ibra: I Will Take The Blame

Zlatan Ibrahimovic has shouldered the responsibility for Manchester United's dropped points against Bournemouth after his 72nd-minute penalty was saved by Artur Boruc.

The Swedish striker, who was involved in a first-half flashpoint with Cherries defender Tyrone Mings, was clearly upset with the result but philosophical about the 1-1 draw.

"We are very disappointed," he told MUTV. "We should have won. I take the blame. I missed the penalty. I had a lot of chances and should have scored. I didn't and I take fully the responsibility and I will rise from this and come back even stronger and continue. This is nothing unusual, it has happened before and it can happen again.

"We'll keep working, keep going and keep our heads up. I mean if you create so many chances, you should score. You expect to score, you want to score. We missed a lot of opportunities today and I shoud have scored. We only took only one point and it should have been there with the situation we had, the advantage of playing one more. We should have closed the game already in the first half."

As for the clash with Mings, who caught Ibrahimovic on the head with his boot when the striker was on the deck but was then hurt in an aerial collision between the two, the Reds' leading scorer was clear with his explanation.

"I mean, with the elbow situation, I jump to protect myself," he added. "I jump very high and he jumps into me. I jump straight up and, unfortunately, he jumps into my elbow. The situation happens - I go for the ball and, unluckily, he jumped into my elbow. It was nothing on purpose and nothing to do about now. Hopefully, he's not injured.

"Listen, what happens on the field, stays on the field. I'm never a player who comes here to say he did that or he did that on purpose, or didn't do it on purpose. The game is hard and I'm not here to blame anybody else. Instead, I take full responsibility. I didn't score and we didn't win.

"I mean we learn from every game. We played today and we learned something. I learned something, everybody learned something. The next game is the cup [the Europa League tie at FC Rostov] and let's hope we don't repeat what we did today."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home