Will Power

Friday, March 3, 2017

Jones Available To Return To Action

Phil Jones says he is available to make his Manchester United return against Bournemouth following a spell on the sidelines with a foot injury.

The centre-back has been absent since the goalless draw with Hull City at the start of February but has been training with the squad and feels ready to feature again for Jose Mourinho's in-form side.

Speaking at the launch of a new club partnership with Aladdin Group, Jones told MUTV: "Yes [it's positive news], I've been training for the last few days and I'm looking forward to coming back.

"I think I've been out for three weeks so, even if I trained two days before the [EFL Cup final] game, which I did, I didn't expect to be involved. It was difficult really and a bit disappointing but these things happen.

"Still, it was a brilliant day for the fans, the players, the staff and the manager. It wasn't probably our best performance but when you look back in 10 years, it's not how well we played but whether we won or not and, ultimately, we won."

The competition for places in the middle of defence is fierce with Eric Bailly, Marcos Rojo and Chris Smalling all performing at centre-back in recent weeks.

Mourinho will supply an update on his team news on Friday ahead of the clash against the Cherries.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home