Will Power

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Wilson On The Road To Recovery

Manchester United striker James Wilson has delivered a positive update on his road to recovery after suffering a knee injury during his loan spell at Derby County.

Although he is not setting any timeframe on when he will return to action, the 21-year-old is happy to report his operation went well and recent hard work in the gym is starting to pay off.

It has been a frustrating season for the England Under-21 international, who joined the Rams for the campaign but was hurt in training in mid-October. His response to the setback was to post a message on social media saying he would be back fitter and stronger, and his outlook has not changed.

"I was hoping that everything went well with the surgery," James explains in an exclusive interview with MUTV. "It was a very simple surgery, Steve Bollen did a great job in doing that. I just know I’m going to be back to what I was before anyway, so I’m just staying positive at the moment.

"With an ACL [anterior-cruciate ligament], you know it’s going to be like eight months and that pretty much ruled the season out. So, like I say, there is no rush for me. There are days when you’re just trying to get through it and keep going, I’d say, but I think I’m at the best club to come back to for the rehabilitation.

"The positives are it’s a break and I can kind of work towards things I probably couldn’t do during the season. I’m working hard in the gym and that’s something I’ve probably not had the chance to do with games coming thick and fast everywhere. I think it has benefited me in that way. But, yeah, it’s very frustrating not to be out on the grass every day, knocking the ball about."

Wilson's finishing ability was always unerring while working his way through the ranks at United and, of course, he scored twice on his senior debut against Hull City. He also netted against QPR and Cambridge United, but much of his time in the past couple of seasons has been spent out on loan.

"Well, I came back in the summer and my finishing was still there so hopefully, when I get back on the pitch, it will still be there," he says. "I know it will be."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home