Will Power

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Jose Discusses United's Transfer Targets

Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho is “waiting for good news” about transfers, but he is not panicking, stating: “I like my players, I like my squad, I trust them and I am calm.”

Victor Lindelof and Romelu Lukaku joined the club earlier this summer, and the boss has revealed several times on Tour 2017, presented by Aon, that he would like to add two more signings to his talented group.

Speaking at a press conference in Washington DC on Tuesday to preview the upcoming match against FC Barcelona, Mourinho was asked if there is any update on the club’s transfer business.

“I don't know,” he explained at Georgetown University. "Ed Woodward is in control. He did Lindelof and Lukaku. He knows that I would like two more players but he also knows that I have balance, I understand the situation, I understand the market and if my club is not able to do two players and just one then I will accept that as a consequence of the market now.

“Our relationship is good and I just wait for good news. For me, good news is to have the players, or in this case maybe just the player, as soon as possible to work together with the team as that is important. But I am calm, I like my players, I like my squad, I trust them so I am calm and that is all.”

Interestingly, Mourinho later revealed the two positions he hopes to strengthen. “I am happy with my squad but I would like to have two more players,” Jose said. “One player would be a midfield player that would give me more options and more balance to the team. Another one would be an attacking player - especially that can play through the wings to give me more attacking options.

“I never speak about players who belong to other teams. I don't like it if a manager comes out and says he likes one of my players. That is not correct. So I would like two more players but probably I get only one.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home