Will Power

Sunday, August 27, 2017

Pogba Collects UEFA Accolade

Paul Pogba picked up his UEFA Europa League Player of the Season prize at the end of last week and MUTV travelled to Monaco to catch up with the Frenchman as he collected his award.

The Manchester United midfielder beat team-mates Henrikh Mkhitaryan and Zlatan Ibrahimovic to the accolade after some impressive performances during the Reds' triumphant Europa League campaign last term.

Pogba opened the scoring in the final against Ajax and during his exclusive interview with MUTV in Monaco, he reflected on that night, dedicated the goal and award to his late father and thanked the fans for their unequivocal support.

"To win this award and score that goal in the final was a huge thing for me personally. I'm really honoured," he told us. "I want to give it to the memory of my Dad and I'm very happy and proud to win it.

"All the time I thank the fans that we have all over the world as without them we wouldn't be here and we want to make them as happy as they make us in every game. Hopefully we can do that this season."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home