Will Power

Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Mourinho 'Happy' At Escaping Ban

Man Utd boss Jose Mourinho is "happy" he can be "doing my work normally against Crystal Palace" after avoiding an FA ban following his sending off at Southampton.

The Manchester United boss is in Russia for Wednesday's Champions League clash with CSKA Moscow and was asked about the FA's decision not to take further action for being sent to the stands near the end of Saturday's 1-0 win at St Mary's.

"If I am not punished, it is because there were no reasons for the sending-off," Mourinho said.

"I am happy that was recognised and that I can be doing my work normally against Crystal Palace. That is enough for me."

Craig Pawson, the referee involved on the south coast at the weekend, received praise from the United boss, who does not blame him for only showing Shane Long a yellow card for his tackle that costs Marouane Fellaini the chance to play in Russia.

"Craig Pawson is one of the big talents in England," Mourinho added. "He had an amazing game. He was so calm and in control. After I watch it on TV, no camera on Craig and he made that decision."

Credit: Skysports.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home