Will Power

Friday, March 23, 2018

Herrera back to fitness and raring to go

Ander Herrera is fit again and determined to help Manchester United end the season as strongly as possible, as the Reds battle it out in the top four and the Emirates FA Cup.

The midfielder has been out of action since 21 February after limping out of the Reds' Champions League away draw with Sevilla but has provided a positive update on his availability.

Herrera has been working hard to get himself back and, in an interview for United Review, he revealed he has been training with the squad for the past five days.

Jose Mourinho's men face a crucial spell of matches with home games against Swansea City, West Brom and Arsenal to come in March and April, as well as the Manchester derby and a visit to Wembley to take on Tottenham Hotspur in the FA Cup semi-final. And Ander can't wait for the challenges ahead.

"I feel really good. I’ve been training with the team for five days now, and I feel good, I feel fit and ready to help the team after the international break," he told the Swansea edition of United Review.

"It was a pity to not be able to help the team after Sevilla away because I was feeling good before that, but football sometimes has these stops. Fortunately, I haven’t had too many [in my career].

"Now is the time to finish the season as well as I can and help the team and we want to try to win the FA Cup and keep the second place in the league."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home