Will Power

Sunday, July 22, 2018

Fitness coach Stefano Rapetti discusses his new role at United

Jose Mourinho has added some new faces to his coaching staff this summer and one of those is Stefano Rapetti, the team's new head of fitness.

Rapetti spent time working with Mourinho at Internazionale and the Italian is delighted to be reunited with his former manager at United.

The new coach spoke to MUTV at training on Saturday and had this say to say about his new role...

Can you tell us about your new role at the club?
“I am a fitness coach and now the head of fitness coaching for Manchester United. I am here because I worked with the manager, Jose Mourinho, at Inter Milan.”

You must have fond memories of that time in Italy with Jose?
“It was a very successful time and an amazing experience at Inter. We won all of the competitions, all of the tournaments, and I am very happy to be with him again at Manchester United.”

How are you getting along with your fellow coaches here at United?
“The new colleagues are fantastic. When I arrived they were very friendly with me right away and I think now we are already working well together.”

This is the first time working outside of Italy – you must be excited?
“Yes it is a fantastic experience for me. It is the first time I have worked out of Italy and I am sure that it will be a good experience.”

Jose Mourinho has already suggested this summer's pre-season tour of the US will benefit his new members of staff, as well as the players on the pitch.

“It’s good for them,” said the manager earlier this week. “I knew them all, for different reasons, in different circumstances. Rapetti was my assistant at Inter Milan for two seasons [2009-2011], so we were together and know each other well. But then for the last seven or eight years, when I went to Madrid, Chelsea and United, he went to Empoli and Sampdoria.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home